I often remind myself of a Chinese saying (freely translated) stating: “getting where you want to go is not one big step, but a thousand small”.
I do believe that the problem that Nebulas is trying to solve is very relevant and that the potential market for this is very large.
Nebulas, together with the community, has to make a strategy where the key necessary steps have been identified to reach and fulfill the vision of being a autonomous meta network for the blockchain industry. It will require more than ‘just’ introducing NR, NBRE and DIP.
There has to to be clearly defined steps to follow up on the DIP incentives and a long term funding plan otherwise it will be like setting a big pile of leaves on fire which will create a lot of fire and smoke but will eventually die out.
I suggest to:
- Bring as much attention to the current DIP programme to attract as many developers as possible
- In the mean time build a plan on how to follow-up with the winning dApps to ensure that they keep improving the dApps in cooperation with Nebulas and the community
- Keep improving Nebulas with the current ICO funds where community engagement and involvement should play an important role (I guess cross-chain functionality to leverage on other blockchains growth and adoption should play a key role. If Nebulas dApps could use Bitcoin, Ethereum, EOS, Tron and NEO etc. data / transactions as input to their dApps and engage with them through Nebulas and NR could take such data into consideration Nebulas could indeed take shape as the MetaNet intended)
- Once the DIP has proven itself successful, then determine how the long term funding of Nebulas / NAS eco-system will take place incl. the on-chain governance where I expect NR / token staking should play a role
- Identify where the key use cases are for short term adoption of Nebulas and market Nebulas to such communities (it could be the gaming industry as already mention by the Nebulas team, which is the area that typically is prone for early internet / technology adoption)